An infographic is a visual representation of any type of information or data. It is the compilation of imagery, data visualizations such as all types of charts and minimal text. It can be a market trend study or a step-by-step guide to doing your laundry. As in the example, infographics use striking, engaging visuals to communicate information quickly and clearly
Top projects you may like
Graphics & Design
Infographic Design FAQs
How do you design an infographic?
1. Select your preferred infographic template.
Find an infographic design that perfectly represents your data. Here are some typical infographic templates to visualize the story you want the data to tell:
- Comparison Infographic: This design can highlight the differences between two concepts, helping viewers to distinguish various types of agents related to a topic.
- Flowchart Infographic: This infographic design is perfect for illustrating a new workflow or a linear or cyclical process across an organization. It is a good fit for explaining how work gets done to your team.
- Timeline Infographic: A timeline takes your customers on a journey where they can see how an idea came to be and has evolved. It helps tell a history story, gives information about something in the past, showcases what happens in the project and technology development in different phases.
- Graph-based Infographic: This infographic design efficiently communicates dense and complicated facts and figures through information blocks and includes various forms, such as pie charts, bar graphs, and line graphs, depending on your content type.
- Image-heavy Infographic: A picture worth a thousand words. This design leverages the power of images to decode a high volume of data and statistics for simple and transparent understanding.
- Anatomy: It is a great way to break down technical information or present hidden elements of something. This infographic design is perfect for describing an engine, the human body, or other subjects that require close inspection.
- How-To: A how-to or process infographic is a step-by-step guide on how something works or how to use something properly.
2. Identify the audience for your infographic.
Infographic design alone cannot keep your brand afloat. You need to deliver the information your target audience will appreciate, and to do that, you need to know who they are.
Infographic design is different from others in that it contains data. Hence, identifying the audience will help you determine which format to use, whether to add jargon or how detailed your infographics should go into.
A freelance infographic design service will typically create data visualizations for five different audiences: novice, generalist, managerial, expert, and executive. Begin by comparing your infographic's ideal reader to one of these five audiences - which one does your reader fit into?
When considering the data you want to visualize, consider the five audiences listed above to determine how advanced your data will be. For example:
- A novice audience may require to have a clear idea of what the information means.
- A generalist may wish to grasp a concept's big picture.
- A managerial audience may need to understand how different groups interact with one another.
- An expert may be more interested in using your figures to cement their theories.
Meanwhile, an executive is more like a novice audience in that they only have time for the most basic or important aspects and its impact on the business.
3. Collect your content and relevant data.
The next step is to organize all the content and data you'll use in the infographic design. You can collect either data from outside sources or your original data, just like how you would do for other great content.
- Choose your data. Compelling data must be "comprehensive" enough to provide proper context for the data you're presenting to your readers. For example, a surge in website traffic after a long-time decline suggests a story about how you turn a negative trend around.
- Organize data. When gathering data, consider what story you want to tell with this type of information. Data for the sake of data is either completely misleading or useless.
- Cite your sources. One of the great ways to include an URL linking to your website at the end of your infographic. As a result, your infographic will appear clean and professional, and people can access the source from wherever they are.
What makes a good infographic?
A few characteristics distinguish effective infographic designs. They are well-designed, tell a good story, are simple to understand, etc. Let’s dive into each property:
- Tell a story. A good infographic design service should be able to tell engaging stories through graphics and copy. You want a compelling storyline to take the reader by the hand and guide them through the visuals.
- Have a predefined journey. Now, you want to take users on a predetermined pathway. It is all about where the story begins and comes to an end. And along the way, you want to fill the breaks, tell people a story, and give them a narrative.
- Provide a new angle of things. A good freelance infographic design illustrator will inform your audience from unconventional perspectives. Creating the unexpected by categorizing things in unusual ways can engage the reader. You want a fresh idea to give your brand a fighting chance.
- Bring practical value. One thing effective infographic designs have in common is that they provide a tangible benefit to their readers. They are simply a collection of complex information that is made easy.
- Send one key message. If your design is perplexing, it defeats the purpose of an infographic. One tip for creating yours is to have someone not involved in the process look at it. If they don't understand it, your readers may not either.
Why are infographics used?
An infographic is a collection of concise information and vibrant, eye-catching illustrations that conveys information efficiently, making complex ideas/concepts easier to understand, especially the Anatomy, Timeline, and How-To formats. Infographic design services have become more sought-after because customers prefer short, exciting news with captivating pictures and videos. Therefore, businesses, digital or not, have gradually invested in freelance infographic designs for their advertising activities.
If you find it hard to learn how to use a product by watching videos, the content on an infographic design will help you with that. It is the medium that displays information concisely and clearly, so users can get through it faster and remember more. You can save the infographic when you want to look it up or share it on your social media.
An enormous amount of information overwhelms customers in both active and passive ways. And for that, marketers need to pay attention to content strategies that catapult them ahead of their competition. And this is also when infographic design services will have the opportunity to properly play their role, especially with complex information or a lot of data.
What are the most important components of infographics?
To create an impressive infographic design, you must first understand the crucial elements of the design and the know-how for improving the viewer experience. Infographics tend to devolve into a jumble of text and graphics. As a result, designers must understand how to arrange the layout in that information is consistent, not too cumbersome, or difficult to understand. The text should be aesthetically pleasing, and the content should impress the viewers from the moment they look at the design.
Below are some essential components of infographics:
- Skimmable. The mission of infographic designs is to make complex information easier to understand. As a result, the designer's task is to create a simple but highly systematic infographic. With text information, you can skim but only grasp a small portion of the content, whereas you can capture more than 90% of the message when viewing an infographic.
- Make use of metaphors. Not everyone understands what an infographic is and how to organize information. The freelance infographic design can sometimes give the viewer a difficult time understanding all of the data. However, knowing how to use metaphors will help viewers understand and remember what they are learning.
- Make use of Slides. Data from current events frequently appears in infographic designs. In this case, 3D illustrations will best explain and provide the reader with the necessary information.
- Include appealing data. Depending on the circumstances, an infographic design service will process information and data to assist users in reading more quickly. But that is why it is difficult. You should present the data as an artwork so that people can grasp the gist of the matter rather than going through a table for three lines of detail.
What is an infographic designer?
An infographic is a collection of brief information and colorful, eye-catching illustrations that convey information quickly, accurately, and efficiently. Customers prefer short, exciting news with captivating images and videos, so there is a lot of fuss about infographic design services. As a result, businesses, whether digital or not, have gradually increased their investment in freelance infographic designs for their advertising activities.
So, what exactly is an infographic designer? It is a person who provides on-demand infographic design services. Working as a freelancer allows you to work for clients on other continents, cities, and states. Furthermore, it is one of the most exciting experiences because you will be working on a variety of projects that will stretch your imagination.
A college degree is not a prerequisite for freelance infographic design illustrators. They can learn through online tutorials and still produce high-quality infographics. A fundamental graphic design course, on the other hand, will be very beneficial. It introduces one to design principles such as color, space, balance, and alignment, among others. The course can be a first step toward becoming a professional infographics designer.
What adobe program is best for infographics?
Adobe Photoshop is currently one of the best photo editing software on the market. Besides creating realistic digital paintings, this software is freelance infographic design services' best friend. However, ordinary people need to learn a lot of tools to be able to use Photoshop proficiently. So Photoshop is hardly the best choice for beginners.
Another infographic maker papmall® wants to mention is Adobe Creative Cloud Express. It is a web-based design tool for computers and mobile devices that inherit Adobe templates and graphic resources. Adobe Creative Cloud Express is a new product from Adobe that has a similar design style to Canva and will most likely compete directly with Canva regarding online graphic design capabilities for general users.
Adobe Creative Cloud Express will replace Adobe Spark and include more online graphic design features, according to Adobe. Adobe Creative Cloud Express is comparable to applications such as Canva, PicsArt, Pixelied, and others. This program is a web-based design tool for computers and mobile devices that inherit Adobe templates and graphic resources. It is a new product from Adobe that has a similar design style to Canva and will most likely compete directly with Canva in terms of online graphic design capabilities for general users.
Infographic design services - An ideal way to present your idea in digital era
Infographics are indeed a very efficient tool of delivering information to the target audience. In the form of an interactive and interesting representation, an infographic piece of content is an ideal choice for businesses or any type of organization to give out results on data researches, instructions, training, guideline, rules, etc to the customers, members and their employees.
Infographic design services - The new trendy way to deliver your ideas
Exactly as it is called, infographic (Information + Graphics) is the visual design of all the elements including images, research data or statistical data, and illustrations together in order to create an engaging, interacting, and easy-to-understand piece of information in a 2D format.
The information delivered by an infographic therefore becomes much more easy to understand, to remember, and to take away. That is also what makes it an ideal choice for businesses to do the marketing campaign in the form of infographics.
The reasons why infographic design services is now more and more popular than the other designs to convey information is because it offers a more effective way to deliver your ideas:
- It is easy to understand, to remember, and to take away and share widely anywhere;
- It uses pictures or illustrations to demonstrate the ideas in the most interactive and interesting way possible;
- It adapts well to the current digital era by offering a quick and simple way of digesting information;
- It simplify the ideas with the simplest words and step-by-steps guide for the readers;
- It is engaging and interacting with the reader because of the data visualization and interesting way of instruction it offers;
- Each of the infographic designs is unique and special in its own presenting way.
How can having stunning infographic design services benefit your business?
With just one piece of concise, persuasive, and engaging content, infographic viewers can easily digest all the information and data that is provided in a short period of time. That is what makes infographics a powerful tool to deliver what you want to tell, or instruct others.
Below are the benefits of the infographic design services to a business:
- It increases brand awareness and help the business to reach out to more customers;
- It increases viewing rate of the website;
- It helps keep visitors on site;
- It is an effective tool to do SEO marketing since it increases the business’s reputation with quality content, people will start to click like, share, and spread it on social media, not to mention that other sites will get links of the infographic to their website as well.
However, the only issue with this ideal choice of ours is that it takes more time and effort to complete than when we make a short video or a meme, or a normal board of instructions, as we always do. Good infographic design services require using lots of skills, or the whole team of creative executives including designers, content writers, data visualization experts, illustrators, etc in order to create a well-designed end result. Not to mention, it has to consist of the brand’s characteristics and is useful for the target audience.
Hence, you will need an expert in the field, or hire the whole team of marketing just to perfectly make an infographic design. Fortunately, a professional freelancer is also an ideal option for you to choose.
What is in a good infographic design?
An infographic design is often an instruction or guideline on something, or a visualization of research data that is presented to the target audience. Therefore, a good infographic design is one that is:
- Easy to understand
- Easy to remember
- Interesting enough that people want to interact with it.
7 types of infographic designs
There are several ways of classifying types of infographic design that you can easily find on the internet. However, based on the purpose, we will present to you 7 main types that are most used nowadays in case you need professional infographic design services. They are:
- Timelines: It arranges information on a specific timeline. This type of infographic design is best used for telling the birth story, or the history of something/some event, or a lifetime of a person.
- Data visualization: It illustrates the research data or statistical data on a visualization way of presenting. This infographic design can be a chart, a graph, or the combination of all of them.
- Anatomy: It offers a great way to demonstrate the inside of a complex thing, the operating principle of a process. Also, it can be used to break down the technical matter or to present the hidden elements of something. This type of infographic design is used to describe an engine, human body, or any matter that needs to be seen in detail.
- How-To: Or Process infographic, is a step-by-step guide on how something works, or how to use something in an appropriate way.
- Comparisons: This type of infographic design offers a helpful way to differentiate something from another in a creative, fun, memorable way of understanding.
- Lists: It presents the ideas or information without following any specific order and is different from the timeline infographic or How-To type.
- Maps: Or Geographic infographic, is made to visualize the information that go along with the geological locations on the map.
Things you need to prepare for your infographic designer
In order to make it easier, more convenient, time-saving, and more effective communicating between you and your freelance infographic designer, you better prepare all of these things beforehand:
- The purpose of the design
- All the needed related data, facts, or information
- The target audience
- The mood and tone
- The main color scheme
- the source of the information
Infographic design services at papmall®
Looking for someone that has experience in creating a beautiful infographic design is not easy, looking for a graphic designer that can both create an eye-catching design and effectively express your business’s own unique mood and tone is even harder. At papmall®, you can even find professional infographic design services near you to easily make face-to-face discussions with the freelancer for a thorough understanding of what needs to be done.
papmall® is a digital ecommerce platform that connects freelance designers and their clients in order to create the most outstanding and eye-catching creative piece of designs. With several supporting policies, papmall® has promise to assists in building and maintaining a strong and professional relationship between freelance designers and their clients. And be an ideal partner for any business.
papmall® was founded in 2019 as a digital e-commerce platform for sellers and buyers clients all over the world. Its mission is to become a fair, safe, and high-quality community of talented freelancers and agencies coming from all continents, backgrounds, skill sets, and experience levels. A community that will help in changing the way people connect and work with each other from across the globe.